Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I am so angry right now...

This whole debacle over the Susan G. Komen Foundation and Planned Parenthood has really pissed me off! The more that I think about it, the angrier I get.  I have never been an active donor to either group, but when I get paid on Friday I will be making a donation to PP and when I go shopping this weekend, I will NOT buy any product that gives to Komen. Yes, it is their money to dispense, that is fine give it where you want. MY donation is initially MY choice and I will give accordingly. I also take issue with the idea that this wasn't a political decision. BULL SHIT! It was absolutely a political decision and I would have at least been able to respect the decision by having an honest discussion about it.


The last time that I checked, abortion is still legal in this country. There is also the freedom in this country to practice your religious beliefs. If you don't believe in abortion then don't have one. Your beliefs do NOT get to dictate my beliefs or actions. If they do, then we as a country really don't have the right to lecture any other country on how THEIR religious beliefs affect the women who live there.

1 comment:

  1. You hit it right on!! Don't like to push my beliefs on anyone either, however this decision is purely political! It's called Pro-choice for a reason...it's a woman's CHOICE not anyone else's

    ReplyDelete